Many of the products that I sell are products that I have used over the years and come to appreciate. Like most of you, I have tried several saddle pads for several different reasons and this is the one that I have settled on.
I find it to be less bulky, cooler for my horse and easy to care for. Unlike some of the high dollar gel pads I have tried, the ThinLine does not slip out from under my saddle. I just brush mine off between uses and toss it into the wash machine occassionslly. (Our HandsOn Grooming Gloves are excellent for cleaning off the horse hair between rides!)
Pictured is my trail horse Cody with this pad and lower photo is Cody saddled with this pad.
This pad is extremely durable for lots of trail rides. It is a shimmable pad.
The innovative ThinLine Endurance Saddle Pad offers superior support, comfort, and durability compared to other saddle pads on the market. ThinLine is known for their therapeutic open-cell foam which they use in their saddle pads. The only pad endorsed by spinal surgeons, veterinarians, master saddlers, and are widely used by endurance and competitive trail riders all over the world. The ThinLine Saddle Pad uses trusted materials and technology that results in a saddle pad that is unlike any!
This pad is designed to fit most drop or center-fire rigged endurance saddles, including the Specialized Plus SR, Sharon Saare Drop Rigged Saddle, and Stonewall, Boz and Synergist saddles. We recommend measuring your saddle and comparing the measurements to those listed in below to ensure your pad is a perfect fit for your saddle!
- 23 inches x 8.5 (at the rear) and 9 inches (at the shoulder) on either side of spine band sits Ultra ThinLine
- 4.7 mm thick (3/16inches) Ultra ThinLine on either side of the spine for protection
- A full 23 inches of Ultra ThinLine Along Either Side of Spine Prevents Saddle Slippage
- A full 23 inches of Ultra ThinLine to ventilate heat from under saddle.
- Top construction of Pad is heavy duty quilted cotton with wool fill 29 inches long- total length of pad
- Entire Bottom of Pad is Lined with Synthetic sheepskin- Wicks and Absorbs Moisture and Heat
- Shimmable WITHOUT Velcro Closures – Velcro can cause pressure/rub points on long rides
- Ultra ThinLine guard at the point of drop rigging/girth or cinch to protect against pressures and rubs.
- Machine Washable
- Inserts (ordered separately) Contain Beveled Edges and are made of ThinLine or Ultra ThinLine
This pad works well for many saddle styles, including Australian saddles. Please check your measurements.
A special feature of this pad: we added Ultra ThinLine to protect under your rigging. We understand how important protection and comfort is for endurance horses.
With an Ultra ThinLine overlay bulk is not needed to absorb impact or to cushion the ride. Less material means having closer contact with the horse for better communication. ThinLine material is breathable so horses stay cooler.
It gives riders a closer, quieter connection. Shock absorbing health benefits coupled with fixed soft contact produce better riders and happier horses.
Beginning as a liquid open cells are poured then polarized so each cell lies end to end. Another layer is poured then polarized in a new direction. Repeated hundreds of times creating a honeycomb matrix allowing impact and heat to move laterally. Impact moves ACROSS ThinLine producing a completely different ride your horse will love.
Open cell technology transfers recoil off the horse’s back laterally rather than directly up into the base of the rider’s spine. NonSlip and Breathable. Shims for perfect saddle fit are made of this exclusive protection foam.
Integrity and softness allow ThinLine to flex and stretch over high withers, around bones, splints, girths or saddle pressure points without bottoming out (like memory foam, or moving, like gel).
When warmed to body temperature ThinLine conforms to the horse supporting tendons, muscles; relieving pressure and impact. When returned to room temperature 75° F, it rebounds to its original shape.